Closet Detox

It's time for some spring cleaning!



It's time for some spring cleaning!

Personally, I believe that your closet is the hardest thing to clean. It's hard to get rid of clothes, even though you haven't worn them in months! Here are my tips for helping you clean your closet.


1. Set a designated time - Since you'll be purging a lot of clothes, you should set a designated time in doing so. It might take a couple of hours, heck, even a couple of days depending on how much you really want to get rid of!


2. Remove everything from your closet/drawer - I mean, you are trying to get rid of all the clothes you don't want. You have to be able to see exactly what we own before we start sorting!


3. Create 3 sections - Now for sorting! Create a love pile for clothes that you want to keep, a maybe pile for the ones you're unsure about, and an unwanted pile for the ones you're sure you don't want.


4. Organize your 'maybe' section by asking the following questions:

  • Have I worn this in the last year?
  • How many times have I worn this?
  • Does it fit well? Does it make me feel good?
  • Can I put this in at least 4 different outfits?

5.  Get rid of your unwanted pile - Don't throw away these clothes though! Either donate it, give it away to your friends/family, or sell it! You can sell it to your local thrift store, or on Depop, like me!


Now go! Clean that closet of yours and live a more organized life.


Ciao,
Naomi

You Might Also Like

0 comments